- Island of Paros: Produced by Moratis winery, this 2012 white was made from 2 grapes not known outside of Greece. Great for your next summer Toga party! Also, Moratis made a knock-out 2009 Paros Red...complex and worth seeking out.
- Island of Santorini: 3 vintners on this stunning island made wines that would have pleased both Socrates & Plato:
1. Boutari: 2007 Grand Reserve Naossa (from Boutari's
winery on the mainland) was chocked full of
plums & violet with hints of chocolate. I really liked this
wine. Another one that was very well crafted was their
2009 Kotsifali Syrah from the island of Crete, aged 1 year
in American Oak.
2. Sigalas: The 2011 single vineyard Kavalieros had a great
finish. The producer's Vin Santo (dessert wine) was an
excellent fig bomb.
3. Gaia: If you like Riesling you would love their 2009
Thalassitis which evoked the mineral nuances often
associated with Riesling.
The next Greek yacht charter (2015) SOLD OUT the first day it was marketed to those who were on this year's waiting list. Stay tuned as we may be doing another one in 2017.