Monday, June 17, 2019

The Perfect Gin & Tonic Pairing


                                 Different Fever Tree tonics pair with different types of gins

Wine-Knows is wrapping up its inaugural wine and foodie’s tour of England.  In addition to visiting a gin factory, we have certainly sampled our share of gin and tonics on the trip.  While I’ve long known that the quality of both gin and the quality of the tonic were important, I’ve learned a lot about what gin works best with what type of tonic.  Let me explain.

First, let me say that I’m a big fan of Fever Tree Tonic thanks to my friend Liz who introduced me to it a few years back.  What I didn’t know until some months ago is that Fever Tree is made in London.  I learned on this trip that Fever Tree actually makes six types of tonic.   By doing a quick online search on the laptop I brought with me, I found them all available in the US.
  1. Premium Indian Tonic
  2. Elder flower Tonic
  3. Mediterranean Tonic
  4. Aromatic Tonic
  5. Lemon Tonic (sometimes called Citrus Tonic)
  6. Naturally Light (fewer calories)




So here’s the low-down.  Take a look at the picture above.  According to Fever Tree, here are the best pairings of Fever Tree with different gins (all of my favorite gins). 
  •  Hendricks pairs best with Elder Flower Tonic (both of them have floral notes)
  •  Beefeaters works best with Aromatic Tonic (both with robust juniper nuances)
  •  Bombay Sapphire marries with Mediterranean Tonic  (the perfect union of the herbaceous Sapphire with this rosemary infused tonic)

Check out Fever Tree’s website for which of their products pair best with your fave gin:  

http://fevertree.assets.d3r.com/pdfs/fever-tree_pairing-wheel_starburst.jpg)



No comments:

Post a Comment